Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why Should You Celebrate Thanksgiving?


I understand everyone wants to open Christmas presents tomorrow morning but let’s just hold on a second.  A wonderfully planned Thanksgiving gathering is second to none.  It just seems that from a planning perspective, Thanksgiving needs a couple little tweaks. 

Here are my top 3 adjustments:

1.)  You cannot start to do dishes for 1 hour after everyone has eaten.  The rush to get through Thanksgiving is crazy.  Just chill out and enjoy.

2.)  Create a journal of family recipes.  Martha Stewart is not going to influence my Thanksgiving. I want things that mean something special from my family.

3.)  If your hosting, then create a comfortable environment.  Letting people eat dessert on the couch while watching a football game gives me an anxiety attack but I have learned to manage.  Let your guests use your home.  It’s what it’s for!

Tip By: Ryan Choura

No comments:

Post a Comment